Waiting on update from end user

TRENDnet TV-IP512P Error, Connecting

Matt Cimino shared this problem 3 years ago

This camera will work for a short time then go to an "Error" "Connecting..." loop.

With debugging on I see these errors in the log

Oct 1 15:32:49 50-dvr bc-server[14229]: E(19/Parts Room): Read error from RTP stream: End of file

Oct 1 15:33:29 50-dvr bc-server[14229]: E(19/Parts Room): Read error from RTP stream: End of file

Comments (10)

photo

Matt,

Which paths are you using for that camera?

Could you please try adding "?tcp" at the end of the RTSP path (URL).

Thanks,

Alex.

photo

I've set "Path to RTSP" to /play1.sdp?tcp

This gives the same error.

photo

Greetings,

I am having this same issue with multiple camera's. Mine are a different model: Geovision GV-BL110D. I have tried adding the '?tcp' to the end of the RTSP url as well with no luck. This did not happen before and has become a recent problem. I can view the stream successfully with no hiccups via a simple gstreamer connection or ffplay while watching bluecherry at the time of failure and see no error output or messages from the simple connections. The methods I use with gstreamer and ffplay are:

ffplay rtsp://[stream url]

gst-launch-0.10 -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://[stream url] latency=1000 ! decodebin ! autovideosink

All of these similar camera's also seem to die at the same time. Please let me know your thoughts.

photo

Jason,

Could you please see if using the previous version of the server works. You can install is using the following command:

sudo apt-get install bluecherry=1:2.0.3-1

Thanks,

Alex.

photo

Thank you for your time Alex. Downgrading to 1:2.0.3-1 has resolved the issue with my streams dying with "Read error from RTP stream: End of file". I will refrain from upgrading the server until a fix has been pushed to production.

Thank you!

Jason

photo

Jason,

Would you mind testing a new release to see if the problem is resolved or not?

Thanks

photo

Greetings,

Thank you for checking back on this. Unfortunately, I have upgraded to 1:2.1.2-1, but the same issue persists:

bluecherry.log:

Nov 12 14:59:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[7862]: I(RTSP): Stream ended for device 1

Nov 12 14:59:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[7862]: I(RTSP): Stream ended for device 2

Nov 12 14:59:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[7862]: I(RTSP): Stream ended for device 3

Nov 12 14:59:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[7862]: I(RTSP): Stream ended for device 4

Nov 12 14:59:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[7862]: I(RTSP): Stream ended for device 5

Nov 12 14:59:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[7862]: I(RTSP): Stream ended for device 6

Nov 12 14:59:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[7862]: I(RTSP): Stream ended for device 7

I have again downgraded to 1:2.0.3-1 for the time being. In order to help others with this same issue, This is the full workaround I am using:

# sudo apt-get install bluecherry=1:2.0.3-1

# sudo apt-mark hold bluecherry

This will keep upgrades from upgrading bluecherry on you. When you are ready to test another version, simply unhold the bluecherry package:

# sudo apt-mark unhold bluecherry

Then do an upgrade as usual.

Thanks for your continued research into this issue, bluecherry. If there is anything else I can help with debugging, let me know.

photo

Thanks, the latest version is actually 2.1.4, which we haven't released yet.

You can download it here:

wget http://unstable.bluecherrydvr.com/pool/precise/bluecherry_2.1.4-1_i386.deb

sudo dpkg -i bluecherry_2.1.4-1_i386.deb

(amd64 package also exists at that location)

Thanks!

photo

Thanks for the link. Using the 2.1.4-1 version (amd64 binary), I still have the same issue:

Nov 13 02:02:32 bluecherrydvr bc-server[6287]: E(2/dock-above): Read error from RTP stream: End of file

Nov 13 02:02:34 bluecherrydvr bc-server[6287]: E(4/back-gate): Read error from RTP stream: End of file

Nov 13 02:02:35 bluecherrydvr bc-server[6287]: E(5/parking-cover): Read error from RTP stream: End of file

Nov 13 02:02:36 bluecherrydvr bc-server[6287]: E(6/dock-entrance): Read error from RTP stream: End of file

Just let me know what else I may help with.

photo

Cleaning up old threads, if this is still an issue please respond so we can look into it.