Waiting on update from end user

gstreamer: Error: Could not determine type of stream.

John R. shared this problem 3 years ago

Hi,

I have two identical installations that are not behaving identically.

Both servers are running the BC-04120A-V2 capture card and VC-CA-DIRR-160 cameras, all purchased from Bluecherry.

I installed both systems following the provided instructions. LiveView works fine in both installations over HTTPS and in the Bluecherry Client on Windows and OS X.

The difference comes when attempting to view a recorded motion detection event from within the Bluecherry client. One system works fine, but the other downloads the file from the server, then won't play it back, showing only a black screen. Saving this file for local playback works only in mplayer. VLC will give an error upon playback attempt that "VLC does not support the audio or video format 'undf'".

The log for the Bluecherry client shows the following on the playback attempt:

  1. MediaDownload: started for QUrl( "https://1.2.3.4:7001/media/request.php?id=3"; )
  2. VideoHttpBuffer: started
  3. state change 2
  4. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek
  5. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek
  6. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek
  7. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek
  8. MediaDownload: launching new request after seek
  9. gstreamer: Error: Could not determine type of stream.
  10. gstreamer: Debug: gsttypefindelement.c(990): gst_type_find_element_activate (): /GstPipeline:stream/GstDecodeBin2:decoder/GstTypeFindElement:typefind

On the other system viewing the event video works fine, as does opening the saved file in VLC.

The odd thing is that this faulty installation did work initially. At some point it just stopped, however.

I have done "apt-get --purge remove bluecherry" then reinstalled--twice--with no change in this behavior. The server log doesn't show anything that sticks out as obvious.

Any ideas what might be causing my setup to seemingly record an improper video stream? I'm happy to provide more logging, etc.

Thank you,

John

Comments (10)

photo
1

John,

Could you check /var/log/bluecherry.log (also available through web config interface on the "System Logs" tab) on the system, that is having these issues for any errors or forward that log to support@bluecherrydvr.com (or, use pastie.org)?

Thanks,

Alex.

photo
1

I also did a purge of solo6010-dkms and reinstalled, with no effect.

photo
1

Log emailed, thanks.

photo
1

John,

Can you see live video right now, from the log it would seem that the driver was not happy with something (not ready). Could you please try:

sudo apt-get remove solo6010-dkms

sudo rmmod solo6x10

sudo apt-get install solo6010-dkms

sudo reboot now

(reinstall, explicitly remove driver modules and reboot).

Thanks,

Alex.

photo
1

Alex,

I've been able to see live video this whole time, both on the web view and in the client.

I had removed and reinstalled solo6010-dkms, only I had not done the "rmmod solo6x10" before.

I did all the steps you outlined above and there's still no change: the Bluecherry Client is playing back events only from one of the systems and the saved video throws the "undf" error in VLC. I've emailed you the logs from the client and server after this latest attempt.

Thank you,

John

photo
1

Is there an option for paid support? I'd really like to get this taken care of. Thanks, John

photo
1

John,

I am sorry we had issues with notifications not being sent regularly from the support forums, I must have missed your reply.

Which version of the driver (dpkg -l solo6010-dkms) and the server (dpkg -l bluecherry) do you have now?

Thanks,

Alex.

photo
1

solo6x10 2.4.8-3 has just been released, it might fix your problem.

If the repos haven't been updated yet, you can download it at http://downloads.bluecherrydvr.com/solo6x10/solo6010-dkms_2.4.8-3_all.deb

Cheers!

photo
1

Hello,

We are working on old threads and came across this one. If this problem still exists, please reply so we can look into it.

Thanks

photo
1

Hi Curtis,

Yes we've had the problem consistently since then. The only way I can get video off the box in a playable state is to SCP the files out directly from the file system. I've removed/purged a number of times with the same result. I'm planning on tossing the capture card in another machine soon to try to isolate the issue. Hoping it just works in the new machine.

Thanks,

John